This weekly half page can be used as the cover of your classifieds section or as a sponsored page in your Business section. This page has a half-page space across the bottom for advertising.
Tired of that morning commute, those gray cubicle walls and that very loud gum chewer one seat down? Working from home provides the opportunity to still do a job you love while avoiding the pitfalls of an office. Here are some career choices that can be done remotely:
• Travel agent: Have a knack for finding the best deals on flights? Love planning out a dream vacation? Travel agents no longer need a storefront office to do business. They can be paid either an hourly wage or a salary. The average for hourly pay is $26. The average annual income for travel agent jobs according to ZipRecruiter is $52,163.
• Order processing: Similar to a call center representative, an at-home order processing job requires phone time and customer service skills. Order processors take customer orders and lead customers through buying processes. After the initial setup cost of installing a landline, you can make an average of $26 an hour. The average annual income for order processing jobs according to ZipRecruiter is $54,050.
• Translator: Many companies hire work-from-home representatives to answer customer or client calls in another language. Besides verbal translation, fluent readers are needed to translate documentation, another job that can done at home. Bilingual workers using their skill set can expect to make an average of $22 an hour depending on the job. The average annual salary for bilingual translation jobs according to ZipRecruiter is $47,200.
• Business developer: Work-from-home business developers call potential clients, make deals and present materials. First step: Pick your industry. From health care to retail, there’s a need for someone to make a deal. Next, give it a search. Some jobs will require local candidates for the occasional in-person meeting, but most can be done virtually anywhere. Business developers and executive jobs can range from salary to hourly. The average hourly rate is around $34, with room to grow. The average annual salary according to ZipRecruiter for business developers who work from home is $71,148.
• Real estate coordinator: Earning your license doesn’t mean you have to start as an agent; coordinators are licensed and versed in all legal matters relating to buying and selling. Coordinators work with vendors, agents and lenders and arrange property showings and deals. While some coordinator jobs may allow you to join without a license, those who want to make the move to working at home should come prepared. The average annual salary for real estate coordinator jobs according to ZipRecruiter is $46,577.
• Virtual assistant: Routine tasks like booking travel arrangements and answering emails can become overwhelming. Virtual assistants step in to take on a variety of daily tasks. They can work for a variety of clients. All a virtual assistant really needs is a secure internet connection. This remote job calls for someone who is tech-savvy and able to communicate clearly across multiple channels. Communicating through email, phone calls and Skype makes it easy to reach out across the world and find employers. Pay depends on the client. The average hourly wage for a virtual assistant is $28. The average annual salary for virtual assistant jobs according to ZipRecruiter is $57,306.
• Virtual stylist: Styling companies are springing up across the country and need fashion stylists to work with their clients. With personal shopping sites like Stitchfix or Nordstrom’s Trunk Club, it’s possible to be a stylist right in your living room. Some stylist jobs allow employees to choose their own hours. Others have a set schedule. For the most part, virtual stylist jobs are hourly, and stylist wages average around $28 an hour. The average annual salary for virtual fashion stylist job according to ZipRecruiter is $57,303.